The Tadeusz Manteuffel Institute of History, Polish Academy of Sciences and the Faculty of Geography and Regional Studies, University of Warsaw will hold that next year’s International Conference of Historical Geographers. The problem of historical geography of confessions and religions should be discussed during this important meeting. The Polish Bureau of the Commission Internationale d'Histoire et d'Etudes du Christianisme (CIHEC) agreed to be the institutional co-organizer of the session(s) “Historical geography and geoinformation of confessions and religions”. I would like to encourage a specialist interested in the field of spatial studies towards the religious and denominational groups to attend this session(s).
The main topics are:
- methodology and tradition on historical geography of confessions and religions;
- confessional maps and written sources in the research on confessional geography;
- historical cartography of confessions and religions (maps, atlases, projects);
- socio-religious historical geography (people, structures, institutions);
- territorial administration of religious groups (provinces, metropolises, dioceses, eparchies, parishes, protopopies, intendentures etc.)
- (spatio-temporal) databases and digital collections about sacral objects and places of worship (churches, temples, chapels, monasteries, synagogues, mosques, cemeteries etc.);
If you are interested in one of the above mentioned problems, please feel free to contact me with the aim to agree the conditions and form of your attendance in the session. The deadline for submissions: 11 October 2017.
Historical Geoinformation Laboratory, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
CIHEC Polish Bureau
PS. Please accept my apologies for potential cross-posting.
Bogumił Szady, PhD