The JDC Archives is pleased to announce the launch of its revamped website. Along with a crisper and cleaner look and improved navigation, the site’s functionality has been modernized, making it more user and mobile friendly. The website also includes a collection database with pdfs of documents, images of photos and artifacts and an index of 500,000 names.
The JDC Archives holds the institutional records of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (aka ‘JDC’ and ‘the Joint’), which was founded in 1914. Given the wide-ranging nature of JDC’s humanitarian work and the role it has played through two world wars and more than a century of activity in over 90 countries, these collections are among the most significant in the world for the study of modern Jewish history.
Read more about our new site here.