In the School of International Studies you’ll become part of the vibrant Faculty research community, work in state-of-the-art facilities, and be supervised and supported by leading scholars in your field. Choose a project from vast range of academic disciplines. Below is a taste of the areas we work in, check out the website for more: https://www.uts.edu.au/future-students/international-studies/study-areas/postgraduate-research-degrees
- China studies, especially urban development, governmentality.
- Race, ethnicity, migration and multiculturalism in Sydney and other Asian cities.
- Bodies, health and cultures of consumption in Francophone Canada.
- Latinization of the USA, trans-American studies.
- Governance of marine resources in the Asia Pacific region.
- Urban activism, material and visual cultures in Italy.
- Transnational histories, especially German and Australian.
- Indonesia’s linguistic landscapes.
- Metrolingual language practices.
- Intercultural teacher narratives, intercultural learning of students on study abroad.
Margaret McGrath, Research Degrees Administrator
Kate Barclay, Research Degrees Coordinator