Conference Call for Papers
"The American Academic Novel Nowadays: Its Contents and Discontents"
organized within the framework of the
European Association for American Studies (EAAS) and British Association for American Studies (BAAS)
“Environment, Place and Protest” conference
King’s College London, University College London, and the British Library
4-7 April 2018
This panel aims to explore the various interactions between academe and the real world in contemporary American fiction, non-fiction and film, in connection with modern day issues, discourses, and trends.
Submissions may include academic fiction, non-fiction and film, and the following topics:
· Indigenous studies
· Postcolonial studies
· Race studies
· Queer and feminist theory & gender studies
· Ecocriticism and environmental studies
· Posthumanism and animal studies
· Refugees, migrations and immigration
· Trauma, illness and disability studies
· Critical university studies
· Digital media and technology
· Media and journalism
· Politics and activism
Please send an abstract (250 words), including a title, for a 20-minute paper, and a short bio note by September 15, 2017 to the panel organizer Marta Lysik at email@example.com.