The Association of Black Women Historians is pleased to announce the 2017 Lorraine A. Williams Leadership Award to honor a black woman in education or related areas, such as archives, libraries, historical societies, museums, etc. We look forward to submissions that meet the following criteria:
- Nominees must be outstanding scholars, administrators, or teachers.
- Nominees must have demonstrated mentoring skills, not only in teaching or related work, but in providing networks that enhance the professional growth of other black women scholars and students.
- Nominees must have demonstrated organizational leadership in groups, organizations, or institutions that impact black women.
- Nominees need not be a member of ABWH.
- All nominations must be accompanied by a letter (or letters) that documents each of the above criteria. A biography or CV of the nominee should be included.
- An individual may not nominate herself.
The 2017 award will be presented at the ABWH Annual Luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati on September 30 during the 102nd ASALH Convention in Cincinnati, Ohio. Winners will be notified no later than Sept 15, 2017.
Nomination packets should be sent to email@example.com no later than August 30, 2017, at 5 PM.
For more on Lorraine A. Williams please see: http://truth.abwh.org/awards/lorraine-a-williams/
Dr. Stephanie Evans- Chair
Dr. Janice Sumler-Edmond
Dr. Nikki Brown
Dr. Natanya Duncan