CALL FOR PAPERS: PCA/ACA 2018 National Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana
(March 28th - 31st)
The Internet Culture Area of the Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association invites proposals for individual papers, panels, roundtables, and alternative format presentations for the 2018 national conference. Proposals should explore Internet Culture as it relates to popular culture including, but not limited to:
* Social Media
* Social Media/Digital Marketing
* The Internet & Social Change
* Participatory Culture & the Internet
* Internet Celebrity & Fame
* Cross Media Convergence
* Memes, Trends, & Viral Culture
* Digital Distribution, Technology, & Ownership
* Specific Sites (Snapchat, Reddit, 4Chan, etc.)
* Local, Global, & Glocal Internet Culture
* Web Development & Design
* History, Present State, & Future of the Internet
Submit a 250-word proposal to the PCA Database using the link above. Please note that there is an additional mandatory form for supplementary information. The form is located at https://goo.gl/forms/2GeEKAdWTBe4h2sB3. Only those who submit both the proposal and the supplementary information form will be considered for inclusion for the Internet Culture area.
While we recognize that many areas of the PCA/ACA conference deal with issues related to the Internet and Internet culture, the goals of the Internet Culture area are (1) to explore aspects of popular culture that are inherently tied to the Internet, new media communications, emerging technologies, social media, and related areas and (2) to create an interactive environment by embracing the changing nature of conference interactivity to include social media.
The deadline for submission is October 1st, 2017.