Call for Papers: CALA 2019 - Conference on Asian Linguistic Anthropology
Conference theme: Revitalization and Representation
January 23 - 26, 2019, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Hosted by the Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia, in affiliation with Temple University, University of Hawaiʻi, University College London, Nanyang Technological University, National Taiwan University.
The Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia invites university faculty, school teachers, independent scholars and graduate and undergraduate students interested in the Linguistic Anthropological, Sociology, Linguistics, Anthropology, Cultural studies, and so forth, of Asia, to submit proposals for abstracts, colloquia or posters in areas pertinent to the Linguistic Anthropology of Asia. The Conference will accommodate a wide-range of discussions of diverse subjects such as
– Anthropological Linguistics
– Applied Sociolinguistics
– Textualization, Contextualization, Entextualization
– Cognitive Anthropology and Language
– Critical Linguistic Anthropology
– Post-Structuralism and Language
– Semiotics and Semiology
– Language Documentation
– General Sociolinguistics
– Language Socialization
– Social Psychology of Language
– Language Revitalization
– Ethnography of Communication
– Language, Community, Ethnicity
– Language, Dialect, Sociolect, Genre
– Nonverbal Semiotics
– Documenting Language
– Ethnographical Language Work
– Language, Gender, Sexuality
– Language Ideologies
– Narrative and Metanarrative
– Language and Spatiotemporal Frames
– Language Minorities and Majorities
– Language in Real and Virtual Spaces
– Language Contact and Change
– Buddhist studies and discourses
– Islamic Studies and discourses.
The Scientific Committee houses many of the world's leading and prominent academics, and the CALA global network includes the American Anthropological Association, as well as Taylor and Francis being its major Publishing partner.
Until now, accepted papers approximate 300, which should increase by the close of Call. The deadline for proposals is 15 June 2018.
if you learn about the conference after the submission deadline, please feel free to contact us and we will let you know if we can still accept proposals.
The conference will be held at Siem Reap, Cambodia, January 23 - 26 2019.
Conference website: http://cala2019.puc.edu.kh
Ms. Nhan Huynh
Head of Communications
CALA 2019 - Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia