WISeR 9th Annual Conference Bay Area 2017 : "The Choice"- Resilience Initiatives, Innovative Trauma Informed Care, The Power of Expressive Arts, Peaceful Homes, Workplaces & Society; Education & Healthcare, Multiculturalism & Social Justice***
***CEU Credits are available for Educators, Health Care Professionals, Therapists, Counselors and Attorneys for this conference
Selected papers with the themes of multiculturalism, resiliency, trauma informed care, education, healthy workplace initiatives, human dignity and social justice will be featured at the conference for presentation and/or for publication.
Proposed Conference, Presentation and Speaker Schedule:
- Thursday Evening: Check In, Welcome Gathering, hosted at WISR Berkeley
- Friday: Academic Workshops, Academic Presentations and Papers: hosted at WISR Berkeley
- Friday Evening: "In Utero", presented by Dr. Oana Marcu, NASA Scientist, Systems-Oriented Traumatologist: hosted at WISR Berkeley
- Saturday Morning: Multidisciplinary Panel: hosted at WISR Berkeley
- Saturday Afternoon: Keynote, Dr. Eger Speakers, Book Signing and Evening Reception, Marines Memorial Theater Union Square San Francisco
- Saturday Evening: 8 pm Film Screening And Then They Came for Us, Filmmakers Abby Ginzberg and Satsuki Ina, Ph.D. present their work as film makers and social justice activists. Marine Memorial Theater, Union Square San Francisco
- Sunday: Dr. Edith Eger Resilience & Forgiveness Workshop***, All are Welcome, hosted at WISR Berkeley
***note: Sunday Workshop CEU Credits are available for Educators, Health Care Professionals, Therapists, Counselors and Attorneys
Western Institute for Social Research
A Multidisciplinary Conference Celebrating Multiculturalism and Social Justice. This year's Annual Conference will focus on themes of resiliency, trauma- informed care, social justice through human dignity and the use expressive arts therapies.