The Center for International and Regional Studies (CIRS) at Georgetown University in Qatar (GUQ) welcomes submissions to our Occasional Paper series (focus on the Persian Gulf and the Middle East and North Africa) or The Asia Papers series (broadly encompasses Asia).
CIRS publishes original research on a broad range of issues, including international relations, political science, economics, and Islamic studies, among many others.
We accept manuscript submissions throughout the year.
WHY PUBLISH WITH CIRS/GUQ?
- Authors are paid an honorarium for accepted papers.
- Papers are usually published within six months of being accepted.
- Papers are easily accessible, and available for free in print and electronic formats.
- Papers are promoted widely by CIRS and distributed via online academic platforms and search databases, making them highly cited.
- Twenty printed papers are provided free to authors.
View published titles in the Occasional Papers series: https://cirs.georgetown.edu/publications/occasional-papers
View published titles in The Asia Papers series: https://cirs.georgetown.edu/publications/asia-papers
- Papers should be around 10,000 words and cannot have been previously published, or under consideration for publication, elsewhere.
- Paper submissions must include a brief abstract and biography of the author.
- All submissions are subject to a double-blind review process.
- Any copyright concerns are the full responsibility of the author.
- By submitting work to CIRS, the author agrees to the CIRS Copyright Agreement.
For full CIRS Submission Guidelines, please visit: https://cirs.georgetown.edu/publications/submission-guidelines
For inquiries, or to send electronic submissions, please contact Suzi Mirgani, Managing Editor for CIRS Publications