Possible topics include:
• Feminist protest and performativity
• Neoliberal frameworks in performance
• Theater as historiography
• The relationship between performance, memory and the archive
• Performance and community: questions of ‘nation,’ ‘culture,’ and belonging
• Interculturalism/global networks and the circulation of performance
• Performance and the question of caste
• Performing queer identities.
• Dance, movement, and the circulation of affect
• Theater and dance in the diaspora
Please submit an abstract of no more than 250 words and a bio of no more than 100 words by June 15, 2017 to Jisha Menon, Kat Frances Lieder, and Sharvari Sastry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include any technical needs your presentation may have. We will do our best to accommodate.
This preconference is invested in approaching performance as a generative site that produces its own forms of embodied knowledges and discursive practices that can challenge, critique and extend the scope of academic scholarship. To this end, we invite enthusiastically invite performers to submit proposals for performances of no more than 30 minutes in length.
Keywords: performance, theater, dance, music, performativity, affect, audience, spectacle
Contact Sharvari Sastry at email@example.com