It is our great pleasure to announce that the 7th International Conference Buddhism & Australia will be held on 1-3 February, 2018 in Perth, Western Australia. All Buddhists, scholars and members of the general public interested in Buddhism are invited to present their papers in this coming conference. Researchers across a broad range of disciplines are welcomed as well the submission of pre-formed panel proposals
The main themes 2018
- Rituals and the Image of Buddha
- Silk Road Buddhism
- Death of the Buddha
The organizers are open to proposals for contributions on Buddhist history, philosophy, texts as well for proposals on any related theme.
Deadline for Abstract Submission: 25 October, 2017
Deadline for Full Paper Submission: 25 November, 2017
Call for short Essays
Those who have prepared for certain big task and who are able to put some sort of idea on certain topics, we have a proposal to compose an essay which needs to create a bridge back to the Buddha. Anyone, from any country, is free to apply. Selected essays will be published on the conference website. Topics
- Buddha for every home
- Buddha versus Jesus
- Who reads the teachings of the dead Buddha
- Buddhism is in the way of economy
- Buddhist monks - people with weak vitality and mentality
- Buddhist cosmology and contemporary astronomy and astrophysics are not brothers
- Virtual reality as the modern day Nirvana
- Could Buddha turn on a computer?
- Is virtual reality beyond our reality or not?
- The essay should be at least 800 words.
- All essays must be absolutely original and in your own words.
- Images are encouraged. You are free to use images but they must be copyright-free.
- Submissions are accepted only in Microsoft Word documents (doc or docx).
- The cover page of your essay must contain your complete details such as your full name, phone number and email.
- The essay must be written in English.
Deadline for Submission: 31 December, 2017
Organizing Chair Marju Broder