The International Conference on ESP, new technologies and digital learning is jointly organised by the Research Centre for Professional Communication in English (RCPCE), Department of English, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, in collaboration with TESOL Asia on 7 – 9 December 2017. The conference aims to bring together teachers, researchers and students in English for Specific Purposes (ESP) to contribute to a stimulating and dynamic exchange of ideas in ESP, new technologies and digital learning. It caters for a wide range of presenters and participants and encourage sharing of ideas and stimulate conversation.
Deadline for abstract submissions: 31 July 2017
We welcome contributions which address any aspects of English for Specific Purposes (ESP), new technologies, and digital learning, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Improving students’ digital literacy
- Writing teaching materials with digital media
- Teaching ESP in digital environment
- Technology-enhanced language learning
- Innovations in ESP teaching
- Issues in ESP, new technologies, and digital learning
- ESP and big data
- Testing and assessment in ESP
- ESP curriculum evaluation
- Persuasion in ESP writing
- Diversity and multiculturalism in ESP
- ESP curriculum development
- ESP teacher development
- ESP teacher education for new and prospective English teachers
- Gender and ESP
- Careers for women in ESP
- English language research for academic purposes
- English language research for professional purposes
All individual presentations will be 30 minutes, including 5 minutes’ Q&A time.
Abstracts should be kept to a maximum of 250 words (excluding references). You are welcome to submit more than one contribution, but please note that you can only be first author for one contribution.
Abstracts of conference papers are reviewed by academic staff of the Conference Organising Committee, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Please submit your abstract here.
Department of English
4/F Core A
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University