Call For Papers
The Food, Foodways and Culture area of the Northeastern Popular/American Culture Association is inviting paper submissions for its Fall 2017 conference at University of Massachusetts Amherst in Amherst, MA from October 27-28, 2017.
This area explores intersections among food, eating, and popular culture. Possible topics of interest include the following:
- The history of food and dining
- Depictions of food and dining in popular culture
- Connections among food, eating and identity
- The history and culture of restaurants
- Food festivals and cooking competitions
- Cookbooks as popular culture
- The Food Network and celebrity chefs
Works of fiction and memoirs will not be considered unless they are part of a broader, analytical presentation.
Proposals for both individual papers and full panels are invited. Papers should appeal to a broad audience.
The deadline for submission of paper proposals is June 1, 2017. Information on submitting proposals can be found on the NEPCA website: https://nepca.blog/2017-conference/. Please use the NEPCA Paper Proposal Submission Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSffQFBi-Iic7hTfqpNyy3GoYlGCxsFdQaJqZtpI2fC7LCi8pQ/viewform
For more information about this topic area, contact Ann Kordas at email@example.com
For more information contact Ann Kordas at firstname.lastname@example.org.