HISTORIES OF HEALTHY AGEING
International conference, University of Groningen, 21–23 June 2017
Early bird registration until 1 May / Generous funding has lowered the fee for (PhD) students!
About the conference:
As Western populations grow increasingly older, 'healthy ageing' is presented as one of today's greatest medical and societal challenges. However, contrary to what many policy makers want us to believe, the aspiration to live long, healthy and happy lives is not a problem specific to our times. On the contrary successful ageing has a long history. The conference Histories of Healthy Ageing questions concepts and (medical) practices related to health, happiness and longevity.
During the conference the exhibition ‘Gelukkig Gezond! Histories of Healthy Ageing’ – on the history of the six Hippocratic non-naturals – officially opens at the Groningen University Museum.
Keynote speakers on the 6 areas of health management and disease prevention:
- Rina Knoeff (Groningen) on Airs, Waters & Places
- Elizabeth Williams (Oklahoma) on Food & Drink
- Onno van Nijf (Groningen) on Exercise & Rest
- William MacLehose (UC London) on Sleeping & Waking
- Michael Stolberg (Würzburg) on Retention & Excretion
- Irina Metzler (Swansea) on Passions of the Mind
For more info, the programme and registration: historiesofhealthyageing.nl