UAAC-AAUC Conference 2017 Congrès Call for Paper: Session 13: The Art of Time October 12–15 Banff Centre, Banff, Alberta
Submission deadline: May 12, 2017
Session 13: The Art of Time
Depictions of Time from Ancient Greece to the Modern and Contemporary have largely been informed by studies in anthropology, narratology, phenomenology, and philosophy. The writings of Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, Bergson, Heidegger, Merleau-Ponty, and Gell have shaped the images of time from its portrayal on art objects to its representation in new media. This panel seeks to explore the relationship between Art and Time and encourage an interdisciplinary dialogue on the meaning and function of Time in Art.
Session Chair: Samantha Chang, University of Toronto (email@example.com)
1. Applicants may only submit one proposal.
2. Proposals for papers should be sent directly to the session chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Submissions must include: the name and email address of the applicant; the applicant’s institutional affiliation and rank; the paper title; an abstract (300 words maximum); and a brief bio (150 words maximum). Submissions must be provided as an editable document, preferably in MS word.
4. Proposals may be submitted by current members or non-members of UAAC. Non-members MUST become members of UAAC and pay registration fees in order to present a paper at the conference. Membership dues and registration fees must be received by September 15, 2017.
5. The conference is open to post-secondary faculty in all fields of the visual arts (art history, visual culture, material culture, museum studies, art conservation, etc.), visual artists, practitioner/researchers, as well as independent scholars in such fields.
6. Student members of UAAC who are pursuing a terminal degree (examples: a PhD in art history or related disciplines, an MFA, a Masters of Design) may submit proposals. MA students are not permitted to give papers at the conference.
Download CFP at https://www.academia.edu/32139865/CFP_UAAC-AAUC_Conference_2017_Congr%C3%A8s_Session_13_The_Art_of_Time_Banff_Centre_October_12_15_2017_
Samantha Chang, University of Toronto