The Jangseogak Archives at the Academy of Korean Studies invites applications for the 2017 fellowship program for international Koreanists. Founded as Royal library in early 20th century (now in the Academy of Korean Studies), the Jangseogak archives aims to stimulate and facilitate the use of the large collections of traditional Korean books and documents in both teaching and research. To this purpose, the Jangseogak Archives hosts a fellowship program for international visiting scholars with a view to encouraging development of international pre-modern Korean Studies. To learn more about us, please visit following website: http://jsg.aks.ac.kr∥http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english/viewforum.php?f=81
We are seeking post-doctoral or equivalent experienced scholar conducting researches on the humanities and the social sciences of pre-modern Korean Studies or its related fields with proficiency in the classical Chinese.
Funding and Benefits
- Round-trip Airfares (economy class)
- A stipend 2,500,000 KRW per month
- 50 % discount for accommodations at the Guest House of the Academy of Korean Studies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Fellows are expected to translate Korean classical sources from the Jangseogak Archives or conduct collaborative researches.
- Fellows are expected to make at least one presentation about outcome of his or her researches.
- Fellows can choose to stay in Korea from 6 up to 10 months. Fellows should stay at the Academy at least fifteen days in each month.
- Fellows are required to do a full-time commitment; the recipient is not able to receive other fellowship during the given period.
- The fellowship should commence during June.
- Application Form(Attached file): submitting MS WORD or PDF File
- Statement of Purpose
- C.V. (list of academic publications required)
(All documents must written in English.)
- March 17th, 2017 (6 pm: Korean Time)
- The final results will be individually notified in early May
- Please send your application and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Applications will be accepted only by email.)