Call for Applications: Exploratory Workshop
(Deadline: 26 March 2017)
The Forum Transregionale Studien and the Max Weber Stiftung – Deutsche Geisteswissenschaftliche Institute im Ausland (MWS) invite scholars to explore their research questions and develop projects within the framework of Exploratory Workshops. We offer open and flexible formats and strong scholarly networks as well as our support in conceptual development and funding, while taking care of all practical organization.
Explorative Workshops provide a team of 15–20 scholars with diverse regional expertise an intensive small-scale setting to probe and generate ideas and research questions. We support workshops that address issues from a transregional perspective and combine a systematic problem-oriented approach with an engagement of area-based competences. For a successful application, acknowledged expertise in at least one discipline and world region is required from the applicant. Furthermore, this expertise should draw connections to other disciplines and regions to discuss as well as reflect on multipolar entanglements. The submitted projects need to have an interdisciplinary approach and examine innovative questions, which might have the potential for developing follow-up projects.
- Please submit a proposal for a workshop (max. 1500 words) while explaining the originality of your project, how it relates to the transregional research agenda of the Forum Transregionale Studien and the MWS, and how it meets the criteria mentioned above. To apply, send proposals in German or English along with your curriculum vitae to email@example.com no later than March 26, 2017 (all in one PDF document). Applicants will be notified about the result of the selection process by the end of June 2017.
- Upon acceptance of your application you will be invited to co-develop the event. The Forum provides full financial and organizational support but also welcomes projects that involve matching funding and institutional collaboration. Workshops should preferably take place on the Forum premises in Berlin and must be carried out until the end of January 2018.
- The Forum and MWS pursue an Open Access publication strategy and offer a scholarly publication platform (perspectivia.net) and other digital channels for dissemination of the discussions and results of workshops.
- The organizers of the Workshops must submit an evaluation report within three months of the event’s completion.
- Applicants are advised to consult the Forum website and the TRAFO-Blog for information regarding the formats of past Exploratory Workshops
Eligibility: Applicants must hold a doctoral degree in the field of social sciences or humanities and be currently affiliated with a German university or research institute (including German institutes abroad.
The events are organized within the framework of the cooperative project “Transregionale Forschung” of the Forum Transregionale Studien and Max Weber Stiftung – Deutsche Geisteswissenschaftliche Institute im Ausland supported by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | Telephone: +49 (0)30 89001 424
Forum Transregionale Studien Berlin
Dr. Alix Winter
Tel.: +49 30 890 01 424