Welcome to the 3rd Conference on the Globalization of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education (G-SLATE 2017). This international, peer-reviewed event will be held at the Hotel Clio Court next to Hakata Station in Fukuoka, Japan. Opening remarks, featured presenters and the welcome reception will be on Sunday, July 30, followed by the main presentation days on Monday, July 31.
As globalization advances and boundaries between countries fade away, the need to communicate in a second or multiple languages has altered the linguistic landscape. As a result, second language acquisition and foreign language teaching have progressed to the forefront of linguistics, providing a critical framework in understanding how language is acquired or learned and its pedagogical implications. Language today not only links nations but also empowers individuals toward greater upward mobility, all of which makes it an indispensable tool in modern society.
With the theme Breaking Barriers, the conference is a wonderful opportunity to share research, insights and techniques, and form professional networks in this burgeoning field of linguistics and education.
We welcome submissions of 250 words in English by Friday, June 2, 2017. We strongly advise applicants to check our submission guidelines before submitting a proposal.
- Approaches to Teaching ELT and L2
- CALL / MALL / CALT
- Cooperative/Collaborative Learning
- Cross-Linguistic Influences
- Education Technology
- Endangered Languages
- Globalization of Language
- Globalization and Teacher Education
- Language & Discourse Analysis
- Language Pedagogy and Assessment
- Learning Strategies
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Professional Development and Teacher Training
- SLA Theories and Research Methodology
- Sociolinguistics of Globalization
- Other Areas (Please Specify)
Contact Michael Sasaoka