We are happy to invite you to a special event with 5 family members of former American prisoners of war. They will be visiting Japan at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as part of a cultural diplomacy program that started in 2010. The program, entitled “2016 The Japanese/POW Friendship Program”, seeks to promote a mutual understanding between the Japanese and American people by inviting family members and caregivers of former American POWs to Japan as a gesture of reconciliation.
Family members will share stories of their husbands and fathers who experienced Japan as prisoners during the War.
It is our honor in ICAS to host the American POWs and their family for six consecutive years.
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016
- 6:30 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. (doors open at 6:00 p.m.)
- Temple University Japan Campus, Azabu Hall 1F Parliament http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps/tokyo.html
- Speakers: Family members of former US prisoners of War in Japan (4 widows and 1 child)
• Rose Bridges, widow of Talmadge Bridges (U.S. Army)
• Doris De Vivo, widow of Frank De Vivo (U.S. Army)
• Patricia Thompson, widow of Clarence A. Thompson (U.S. Marine Corps)
• Ruth Wilber Sheaves, widow of Charles O. Wilber (U.S. Army Air Corps)
• Kristin Dahlstrom, child of William J. Ellis Jr. (U.S. Army)
* If you RSVP you are automatically registered. If possible, we ask you to RSVP but we always welcome participants even you do not RSVP.
Kyle Cleveland, Associate Director
Eriko Kawaguchi, Senior Coordinator
Temple University, Japan Campus