CALL FOR PAPERS
ITAN: JOURNAL OF HISTORICAL STUDIES
ISSN: 0795 - 03250
The Department of History and International Studies, Faculty of Arts, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, Nigeria, invites contributors to submit articles to ITAN: JOURNAL OF HISTORICAL STUDIES, VOL. 5, No.1, 2018, and Vol. 6, No. 1, 2018. The two volumes will be published in June and December 2018, respectively. Contributions are encouraged from a multidisciplinary perspective. Authors should please focus on the following themes (but are not limited to them):
- History of Agriculture in Colonial and Postcolonial Africa:
i. History of Pastoral Nomadism in Nigeria
ii History of Pests and Pests Control in Colonial and Post Colonial Nigeria
iii History of Selected Crops in Colonial and Post Colonial Nigeria, etc
- History of Education in Colonial and Post Colonial Africa
- History of Diseases in Colonial and Post Colonial Africa
- History of Legal Practice in Colonial and Post Colonial Nigeria
- History of Scientific and Technological Inventions in Colonial and PostColonial Nigeria
- History of Energy in Colonial and Post Colonial Nigeria
- History of Environment in Colonial and Post Colonial Africa
- History of Transportation in Colonial and Post Colonial Nigeria
- History of Development in Colonial and Post Colonial Nigeria
- Regionalism in Pre-Colonial, Colonial, and Post Colonial Africa
- International Politics
- Politics and Governance in Colonial and Post Colonial Africa
- Economic Change and Development in Colonial and Post Colonial Africa
- Social and Cultural Change in Colonial and Post Colonial Africa
- Issues in Colonial and African Historiography
- Culture, Media, Literature and Society
- Nigeria and the Wider World
- Natural Resources and Political Violence in Africa
- Crises and Conflicts in Post Colonial Africa
Guidelines for Authors
- Authors are required to submit original papers. Papers submitted should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. However, if for the purpose of exigency, a paper submitted has previously been published, we should be notified with full details. All papers are refereed through a rigorous double-blind peer-review process.
- A paper should be around 6000 words, with an abstract of 150 words. Author details and any author identifiers should be put into a separate file when submitting.
- ITAN JOURNAL is strict on its Chicago style of referencing. However, MLA or APA may be adopted as an alternative, in order to encourage trans-disciplinary contribution.
- Contributors should submit their manuscript electronically (MS Word, which should be in Times New Roman, Font 12) to firstname.lastname@example.org; AND email@example.com.
- Please note that the DEADLINE for submitting papers for the Vol. 5, No 1 issue, is 10th April 2018; while the DEADLINE for submitting papers for the Vol 6, No 1 issue is 30th August 2018.
All enquiries should be made through the above email addresses. Or call GSM: +234854202506; +2348037180781