Transatlantic Studies Association
17th Annual Conference
University of North Georgia, Dahlonega, Georgia, USA
9-11 July 2018
Call for Papers
The TSA is coming to America. For the time since it was established in 2002, the TSA is holding its annual conference on the other side of the Atlantic. TSA is a broad network of scholars who use the ‘transatlantic’ as a frame of reference for their work in political, economic, cultural, historical, environmental, literary, and IR/security studies. All transatlantic-themed paper and panel proposals from these and related disciplines are welcome.
This conference thus welcomes papers in the following areas:
- International Relations and Security Studies
- Literature, Film, and Culture
- Planning and the Environment
- Proposals that investigate the ‘transatlantic’ and explore it through frames of reference such as ideology, empire, race, religion, migration, political mobilisation, or social movements
- Proposals that incorporate perspectives that involve north-south and south-south transatlantic connections, as well as north-north
Both panel proposals and individual papers are welcome. Panel proposals are encouraged to include a discussant. New members and junior scholars are especially welcome.
Please send individual paper proposals (a 300 word abstract + brief CV) and complete panel proposals (300 word overview + 300 word abstracts for the papers + brief CVs) to the conference email: email@example.com
Extended Deadline for panel and paper proposals: 26 March 2018
Conference proposals should be directed to the conference address: