Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce programmes for the year 2016-17. i.e. Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG), Shastri Mobility Programme (SMP), Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF), Faculty-In-Residence Programme (FIR)/ Initiative for Academic Network (GIAN). Programme namely Faculty in Residence Programme (FIR) is open for non-members also.
- Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG): To encourage and promote Institutional collaboration in research and development for a period of two years between Indian and Canadian Institutions;
- Shastri Mobility Programme (SMP): To provide an opportunity for senior faculty members / educational administrators from India and Canada to study and learn best practices through exposure to Canadian and Indian Institutions;
- Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF): To provide an opportunity to Indian and Canadian students to take up or pursue a course (module/part of a course), or do an internship at recognised Canadian and Indian universities. It has three components-
- Shastri Research Student Fellowship for Doctoral Students
- Shastri Research Student Fellowship for Post-Doctoral Students
- Shastri Research Student Fellowship for Students (should have completed two years of Bachelor degree and minimum of one year or two semesters of Masters and one semester of M.Phil degree/Course )
- Faculty-In-Residence Programme (FIR)/ Global Initiative For Academic Network (GIAN): Faculty-In-Residence programme (FIR) 2016-17 for Canadian faculty members, scientists and entrepreneurs who would be willing to take up engagements at Indian institutions for 1 or 2 weeks. Through this programme SICI will facilitate dissemination of Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN-an initiative of MHRD) in Canada to augment participation of Canadian faculty, scientists and entrepreneurs in Indian universities/research institutions. The objective of the Programme is to help these institutions learn about modern pedagogic practices and boosting research in cutting-edge technologies and thus building stronger academic networks between both countries.
Application can be made by scholars, students, researchers and faculty of members of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute and affiliate should be from the member institution in India & Canada. The complete list of Member Institutions is available from the link http://www.sici.org.in/index.php?page=member-institutions. Completed application must be sent electronically no later than November 25, 2016.
For programme announcement and other details please visit our Website: www.sici.org.in /www.sici.org. The application form can be downloaded from http://www.sici.org.in/index.php?page=gao-for-indian-scholars. For inquiries contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call at 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5, Bhai Vir Singh Marg,
New Delhi -110001
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677