This issue of the AntiAtlas Journal will focus on borders affected by the violence of armed conflicts (« rebellions », « terrorism », « post-conflict », in conjunction with « conflict zones »…). Locally, the State is challenged in its monopoly of power to exert violence or delegate this power by armed groups who claim new, religious borders to redefine theocratic spaces, or cultural affinities, to substitute the existing national territory with territories that would be more or less autonomous.
1. Sending of proposals, 1 November 2016
Proposals should be sent in English or French. They should include 1000 words of text (Word format) and some iconographic elements (PDF format). They should be sent by email to the coordinators thomas.cantens [AT] wcoomd.org
2. Selection of contributions, 20 October 2016
3. Sending of the full papers, 1 March 2017
The full papers (6000 words maximum) should be sent to thomas.cantens [AT] wcoomd.org
4. Publication of the French version, October 2017
5. Publication of the English version, December 2017