Call for papers - Panel: Electric energy in history: social, economic and cultural issues
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 23 to 29 July 2017
PANEL COORDINATION: Nuno Luis Madureira, Lisbon University Institute, Portugal; Guildo Magalhães, São Paulo University, Brazil.
Topics to be presented include the historic appreciation of the development of the following subjects, but need not to be limited to them:
- Integration of electrical networksand the economic policies ofinterconnected grids
- Transmission line developments, from point to point transmissions to smart systems
- Planning of energy consumption and production
- The landscapes and the environment of energy production, transmission and local distribution
- Energy issues from the consumer’s viewpoint.
- Industrial heritage related to electricity production
- Technological cycles in equipment (generators, motors, transformers, cables, automation etc.) and system’s evolution.
- Electricity as leisure and entertainment, cultural impacts.
- From the wired to the wireless world
- Distribution of wealth and electric concentration
- Pollution and environmental awareness:enterprises, public opinion and politics.