The Chitrolekha Magazine (www.chitrolekha.com) is inviting articles, essays and photo essays on the visual culture right from the prehistoric to the modern times. Submissions can be made on the following topics/areas (not exclusive but suggestive):
- New Perspectives on the origin of Art
- Issues in the History of Art
- Religious Architecture and Philosophy
- Aesthetics of Town-planning
- Paintings—history, forms and evolution
- Sacred sculptures—interpretations of the iconographies.
- Religious movements and the production of art objects
- Theories of Art
- Artisans—conditions and creations
- Foreign influences and their incorporation
- Ethnography, ethnicity and creation of art as a symbolic assertion
- The science of art—technology, techniques, experiments and materials.
We cordially invite your opinions, suggestions for inclusion of other topics and contributions to the topics.
Word-limit: 2000-5000 words (including notes and references)
Style-sheet to follow: APA
Submission Deadline: We follow Continuous Publication Model. Once the review of an article is complete, it is published online.
Tarun Tapas Mukherjee
36/5, Baghajatin Road, Kolkata 700036, India.