Please find below the following call for submissions:
Donald Durnbaugh Starting Scholar Award of the Communal Studies Association
Deadline for Submissions: June 1, 2018
This award is named in honor of Dr. Donald Durnbaugh (J. Omar Good Distinguished Visiting Professor at Juniata College in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, and Carl W. Ziegler Professor of History and Religion at Elizabethtown College in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania), former editor of Communal Societies and CSA board member, to encourage and recognize authors new to the field of communal studies.
Scholars of any age early in their careers are encouraged to submit papers on any aspect of intentional communities, past or present, for consideration for the Donald Durnbaugh Starting Scholar Award. Candidates need not have any organizational affiliation or academic connections. Each paper will be judged on its own merit and its suitability for publication in the Communal Societies journal.
1. Undergraduate students, graduate students, and scholars early in their careers in any discipline are eligible to submit papers.
2. Candidates need not have any organizational affiliation or academic connections; each paper will be judged on its own merits and its suitability for publication.
3. All papers must be the original work of the author and cannot be under consideration for publication elsewhere during the review and decision process. Once the winner has been notified, other applicants will be informed and will then be free to submit their papers to Communal Societies or other journals.
4. All papers must be double-spaced with one-inch margins all around in a 12-point font with numbered pages and references. Full contact information must be included with the submission, including mailing address, email address, and phone number. Neither the name of the author nor any identifying information should be a part of the manuscript. Rather, the name of the author, full contact information, and the title of the paper should appear only on a title page at the front of the manuscript. This will be detached before the manuscript is submitted to the judges.
5. The winner will receive a cash award and publication in the association journal, Communal Societies. The award will be presented at the annual meeting of the Communal Studies Association. Recipients will be announced at the annual fall conference and will receive a plaque honoring their accomplishments.
6. Those who do not win are encouraged to submit their papers separately to Communal Societies for publication consideration.
Submit papers to: Thomas A. Guiler email@example.com