CIDEHUS has two book collections with peer-review: one, Biblioteca: Estudos & Colóquios which aims to publish monographies; the other, Fontes & Inventários that publishes historical sources editing or inventories of archives and other collections.
Each one of them has an international scientific committee and an editorial committee, as well as an individual assistant for the edition process see at .
From now on, once a year, CIDEHUS opens a call for book proposals to general academic community and not only to the members of our research center.
This is the 2016 call, despite the publication of the books will not be ready before early 2017. We have the pleasure to invite any member of the academic community to present a pre proposal of an e-book in any one of the collections until 30 July. The selected final texts should be delivered until 17 October. To apply, the proposal should accomplish some criteria:
- The text should correspond to original research, with high scientific quality, and not published by other publisher or in another language. The main topic should be directly linked with the strategic project of CIDEHUS (Societal changes in the South, in the long run);
- Each e-book proposal should be an individual monograph although it can have one or more authors. However, it cannot correspond to conference proceedings or other type of collective book;
- The pre-selection made by the editorial and scientific committees does not guarantee the acceptance of the manuscript by external peer reviewers to be made after 17 October. Only after this second approval CIDEHUS can ensure the edition and publication of the e-book;
- Languages allowed are Portuguese, English, Spanish, and French.
- This call for e-book proposals is not destined to the members of CIDEHUS. Their application process is different and continuously opened;
- For proposal applications, please send a long abstract of the monography (until 8000 characters), 5 key-words, a (temporary) table of contents, e-mail and telephone contacts to the e-mail address email@example.com;
- Final texts should not overcome 350 printed pages in the collection Biblioteca: Estudos & Colóquios, and 250 in the collection Fontes & Inventários;
- Those who do not submit a pre-proposal in July cannot apply or send the text in October.
For more information, please check the regulations of the respective collections at http://www.cidehus.uevora.pt/Pub.