The Polish Studies Association is pleased to announce its inaugural Dissertation Research Award. This award, in the amount of XXXX, aims to assist dissertation research on any topic in the humanities and social sciences that makes significant contributions to the study of Poland and/or Poland in a global context. Applications and letter of recommendation are due MM/DD/2018.
- A two-page, single-spaced research proposal that outlines the project, methodologies and sources, and contribution to existing literature, as well as specifies how research funds will advance project (e.g., for obtaining sources in archive X or conducting interviews in Y)
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s dissertation advisor
- Applicants must be PhD students working on a topic related to Poland.
- There are no citizenship requirements for this grant.
- Applicants must be members of the Polish Studies Association at the time of their application.
- Graduate students at any stage in their program are invited to apply, though preference will be given to those who have reached ABD status.
- Grant monies are to be used for research-related purposes, e.g. travel, research materials, visas, etc. and should not be used to pay for tuition at their home institutions.
- Research is expected to be conducted within 12 months of receipt of funds.
The Polish Studies Association (PSA) is an organization of scholars, publishers, librarians, archivists, and journalists who specialize in the history, culture, art, politics, economics, and society of Poland. To submit applications, CVs, and letters of recommendation, or for information about the Award or membership, please contact Michał Wilczewski (email@example.com) or Kathleen Wroblewski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Polish Studies Association