CFP: Disney Studies at NEPCA (Hybrid Conference)
The Northeast Popular Culture Association (NEPCA) is welcoming proposals for its 2023 annual conference. We are hosting the conference as a hybrid event at Nichols College from October 12th through October 14th. Proposals may be submitted by August 1st and should include author's/authors' contact information, working title, abstract, and short author's/authors' bio and may be submitted here.
Current Chair: Priscilla Hobbs, Southern New Hampshire University, firstname.lastname@example.org
This area invites submissions from scholars and independent researchers for topics related to Disney. The intent behind this area is to foster dialogue about an entertainment corporation that has seeped and inspired many facets of popular culture. Submission topics are welcome for any Disney-related topic, including but not limited to:
- Theme Parks and hyperreality
- Animation (films, process)
- Princesses, Pirates, and everything in between
- Walt Disney
- Imagineering and urban planning
- Disney+, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, The Wonderful World of Disney
- DisneyNature, the True Life Adventures, and Ecology
- Diversity and Disney Hegemony
- NOTE: Proposals for acquired properties (e.g. Star Wars, The Muppets) are welcome, but need to connect to Disney.
Southern New Hampshire University