Call for Papers: Military Labour History at the ELHN Conference, 2024
This is a call for abstracts for the Military Labour History Working Group (MLHWG) panels at the European Labour History Network (ELHN) Conference, to be held at Uppsala University, Sweden, 11-13 June 2024. See the following link for further information on the conference: https://socialhistoryportal.org/elhn/conference-2024. This will be a hybrid event.
Please send 300-word abstracts to the MLHWG coordinators by 31 July 2023. We will advise you of the outcome by the end of August.
At the ELHN 2024 Conference, the Military Labour History Working Group will have the following panel sessions:
- Visual sources, material artefacts and military labour – how do we tell stories about military labour history with visual sources and artefacts, and what might they tell us that other text-based sources cannot?
- Military labour in the early modern era – c. 1400-1800.
- Recruiting military labour - for example, conscription, recruitment marketing campaigns, coercion.
- Gendering military labour - for example, gendered division(s) of military labour.
Please send the following information to the WG coordinators:
- Your name and any institutional affiliation
- The name of the panel for which you are nominating your paper.
- The title of your presentation.
- An abstract of 300 words.
- Whether you intend to present in person or online.
- A short bio of up to 200 words and, optionally, a web or ORCID link.
Send your queries and abstracts to the Working Group Coordinators at email@example.com by 31 July 2023.
Olli Siitonen, Jeongmin Kim, Alexandros Touloumtzidis and Christine de Matos