The Wilson Special Collections Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Libraries is pleased to announce that it will award up to eight short-term summer research fellowships in the amount of $1,250 to support intensive, innovative, and impactful research use of its collections.
Supported topics include:
- the literary culture and traditions of the American South;
- women in the American South;
- American culture, politics, and social changes from 1960 to 1975;
- banking and business in the American South;
- North Carolina;
- Antebellum America;
- African-American life, culture, and history.
For applicants whose permanent residence is within the Research Triangle region, an award will be adjusted to $625 (fifty percent of the residential stipend) to support the expenses of commuting rather than travel and housing.
The application deadline is February 15, 2018.
Full details, including eligibility and application information, can be found on our website.