FEATURED JOB: Research Biologist (Computational)/Animal Scientist GS-0401/0487-12/13/14 - USDA-ARS, Dairy Forage Research Center
The incumbent is a Research Biologist (Computational)/Animal Scientist in the Dairy Forage
Research Unit at the US Dairy Forage Research Center in Madison, WI. The incumbent participates in a collaborative research program to address dairy forage nutrition objectives among USDA, industry, and academic partners. The incumbent develops and conducts research that models and assess improvements in forage and dairy production and provides environmentally sound alternatives for dairy production.
Major duties would include but not be limited to:
- Develop the Ruminant Farming Systems (RuFaS) model, or similar biophysical systems model, and develop decision support tools.
- Establish and sustain a subject matter expert status and module development leadership role in the RuFaS development team for the animal nutrition module(s).
- Develop subroutines that assess the implications of changes in diet and animal nutrition on feed efficiency, dairy productivity, and the sustainability of dairy production systems.
- Ensure that animal nutrition modules connect to and inform the other modules in the RuFaS model.
- Test and validate the animal-related subroutines and overall RuFaS model.
- Conduct new research to fill data gaps for biophysical processes not well represented in current models.
- Summarize and report upon the findings of animal-related modeling efforts.
- Provides leadership to scientists, software engineers, and others involved in the RuFaS model at USDFRC and other locations.
To submit YOUR job posting, please visit the H-Net Job Guide: https://www.h-net.org/jobs
Featured jobs receive an added boost on H-Announce and H-Net’s social media channels.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
To view additional details about this position and complete application instructions, go to the USAJobs Web site: https://www.usajobs.gov/ and refer to announcement number ARS-D23MWA-11893384-HCL.
Applications must be received by the closing date of April 27, 2023.
Application procedure: Heather Lee at Heather.Lee@usda.gov or 301-504-1410
Scientific information: Dr. Heathcliffe Riday at Heathcliffe.Riday@usda.gov or 608-890-0077
USDA/ARS is an equal opportunity employer and provider