The South Asian Studies Programme, or SASP, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, at the National University of Singapore is seeking to fill an educator track faculty position. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach a range of modules on South Asia, including interdisciplinary modules. Topics could include history, religion, society, popular culture/art, language and/or literature pertaining to South Asia. For a sample of modules taught in the South Asian Studies Programme, please visit the following website: https://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/sas/study/undergraduate/undergraduate_modules.html
- Supervise Doctoral and Masters students and Independent Study Modules.
- Participate in curriculum design and development, and promote best practices in education.
- Research and publish on topics related to the candidate’s research interests and/or pedagogical approaches.
The applicant should hold a PhD degree from a reputable university in a relevant disciplinary specialisation such as history, political science, anthropology, sociology, gender studies or cultural studies, with a focus on South Asia. Successful applicants should be capable of achieving teaching excellence at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and also drive research.
To apply, please submit the following as a package:
- a cover letter
- a current CV
- a brief statement of research interests
- names and contact information of three referees
Application materials should be submitted online via the NUS Careers Portal and addressed to:Chair, Search Committee for LecturerSouth Asian Studies ProgrammeFaculty of Arts and Social SciencesNational University of Singapore
The deadline for submitting applications is 1 August 2023 with application review continuing until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about the South Asian Studies Programme and the National University of Singapore, please visit the following websites: https://fass.nus.edu.sg/sas/ and http://www.nus.edu.sg/
To submit YOUR job posting, please visit the H-Net Job Guide: https://www.h-net.org/jobs
Featured jobs receive an added boost on H-Announce and H-Net’s social media channels.
Potential candidates are welcome to get in touch with the Chair of the Search Committee to answer any questions they may have at email@example.com