The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics, Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi Chapter hereby announces its 14th International Conference (hybrid: virtual and physical). Abstracts and well researched academic papers are therefore invited from participants all over the world for presentation.
Conference Theme: Nigeria’s Quest for Self-Sufficiency: Challenges and Prospects
The conference which shall be interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary therefore invites abstracts from intending participants to cover the conference theme and the following sub-themes or related topics to be scheduled into different syndicate/panel sessions during the conference:
- Law, Legal Reforms & Human Rights: Challenges and Prospects
- Creating Self-sufficiency through TVET and Entrepreneurship: Challenges and Prospects
- Gender and Nigeria’s Self-Sufficiency: Challenges and Prospects
- Food Security, Self-sufficiency and Sustainable Development: Challenges and Prospects
- Exploring Alternative Energy Sources amidst Global Energy Crisis: Challenges & Prospects
- Research and Development (R & D): Challenges and Prospects of utility-based Research
- Harnessing Research in Nigeria: Challenges and prospects of Research in the Humanities, STEM /Social and Health Sciences
- Harnessing Youth Potential for Economic Growth and Self-sufficiency: Challenges & Prospects
- ICT, E-Libraries, Office Technology and Management and Self-sufficiency: Challenges & Prospects
- Embracing Technology as an Indispensable Tool for Economic Integration: Challenges and Prospects
- Self-sufficiency through Leisure, Tourism and Hospitality Management: Challenges & Prospects
- Science/Engineering & Nigeria’s Self-sufficiency: Challenges & Prospects
- Governance, Administrative, Political/Democratic and Constitutional Reforms: Challenges & Prospects
- International Relations, Diplomacy and Self-sufficiency: Challenges & Prospects
- Conflict, Banditry, Deconstructing Terrorism, Mental Health and Well-being: Challenges & Prospects
- Languages, Communication and Literature/Literary Studies: Challenges & Prospects
- Fiscal Policy, Financial Management and Capital Market Reforms: Challenges & Prospects
- Economic Development and self-sufficiency: Challenges & Prospects
- Environmental Sciences and Self-sufficiency: Challenges & Prospects
Important dates & activities:
- Deadline for submission of Abstracts: Friday 24th March, 2023
- Deadline for submission of full papers: Friday 28th April, 2023
- Pre-conference test of audio(for virtual participants) mock conference for all participants: Friday 5th May, 2023
- Opening Ceremony/Conference date: Wednesday 10th to Friday 12th May, 2023
- Virtual presentation:
N13, 000.00 or US$29 (for international participants)
- Physical presentations:
N15, 000.00 or US$33 (for international participants)
- Extra certificate for co-authored papers:
N2, 000.00 per co-author or US$5 (for international participants).
- Vetting fee (for authors who intend to publish):
N5, 000.00 or US$11 (for international participants)
All payments are to be made through First Bank of Nig. account number: 3006210817 (Juliana Mathew Lat). A copy of payment voucher should be sent to: email@example.com. Inclusion in the Book of Abstracts and presentation schedule will be subject to the payment of the conference fee.
Guidelines for Participants:
- Abstract should not exceed 250 words with not more than five key words
- Full papers should not exceed 15 pages typed and formatted in Times New Roman, font size 12. The paper should include author’(s’) name(s), institutional affiliation/contact details
- All abstracts and full papers are to be sent as Microsoft Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate ‘2023 ASUP PLAPOLY HYBRID CONFERENCE’ in the subject line.
- Abstracts and full papers are to be submitted in APA 7th Edition or MLA formats.
Virtual Presentation Information: All virtual participants are to ensure they have the Zoom application installed on their computer devices, with excellent internet access/connection and clear working audio. (It is advised that participants in Nigeria should familiarize themselves with the best internet provider in their locations before the conference date).
LEAD PAPER PRESENTER: PROF. SAMUEL G. EGWU, INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Benue State, Nigeria & Professor of Political Economy & Development Studies.
KEY NOTE SPEAKER: PROF. DABWOR TONGNAN DALIS, Dept. of Economics, University of Jos, Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria
CHIEF HOST: BLDR. JOHN DAWAM, Rector, Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi
HOST: COM. MAHANAN SAMUEL DANG, Chairman, ASUP, Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi Chapter
All inquiries should be directed to: email@example.com;
DR. ISAAC PETER CHINGLE, Chairman, Conference Organizing Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org/ 08034701851)
or MAKMIS M. DAKYEN, Secretary, Conference Organizing Committee (+234-8039710676/ email@example.com).
C/O Dakyen Mark Makmis
Secretary, Acdemic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), Plateau State Polytechnic Chapter &
Secretary, ASUP Conference Organizing Committee
Dept. of General Studies, Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi