DEVELOPMENT AND RECOGNITION OF BULGARIAN STUDIES ABROAD
NATIONAL SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMME
CALL TO SUPPORT YOUNG RESEARCHERS WITH THE PUBLUCATION OF THEIR FIRST MONOGRAPH DEDICATED TO BULGARIAN STUDIES PROBLEMATICS
Within the framework of the Development and Recognition of Bulgarian Studies Abroad National Scientific Programme, launched by the Ministry of Education and Science, the Institute of Arts Studies at BAS announces a competition to support foreign young researchers in the publication of their first monograph dedicated to Bulgarian studies problematic.
- Application requirements
- Eligible applicants: young scholars (i.e. researchers up to 10 years after their master’s graduation) and postdoctoral researchers (i.e. scholars, holding a PH.D, their doctoral degree should have been acquired in the past 5 years).
- Young researchers are eligible to apply with a monograph, which meets the following criteria:
- The main focus of their work is Bulgarian studies problematic.
- The work is going to be the young scholar’s first published monograph.
- Works published in a different language are also eligible, if the publication is made within the last three years before the date of the call.
The Development and Recognition of Bulgarian Studies Abroad National Scientific Programme finances the publication of the approved works by a Bulgarian academic publisher. In case of a need, additional financial support could be provided for the translation into Bulgarian and the specific editorial activities related to the Bulgarian publication, as well as short term stays of the young researcher in Bulgaria funded for the preparation and promotion of their published monographs.
- Application procedure
Applicants should send the following documents via email:
- Application form (no template).
- Biographical note.
- The monograph in a PDF format.
- If the candidate’s work has not been defended as a doctoral thesis, two reviews by established scholars in the specific field should be included.
- If the work is written in another language, then the following documents in Bulgarian should be submitted:
- The contents page.
- A detailed annotation (up to 11000 characters including the intervals).
- In the case of 4., the translations of the two reviews in Bulgarian.
- At his discretion the candidate could add materials pertinent to the scientific topic of their work (published responses and reviews, recommendation by established scholars, etc.).
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APLICATIONS: 10.04 2023 by 20.00 hrs.
Within two months after the end of the call, the Commission for Development and Recognition of Bulgarian Studies Abroad National Scientific Program will publicly announce the results of the competition