The Kentucky Association of Teachers of History (KATH) is pleased to announce its competition for the best undergraduate research paper on a United States history topic completed during the 2015-16 academic year at a Kentucky college or university. The winner will receive a $100 prize and a certificate. The award will be presented at the 2016 KATH Conference on October 29 at the University of Kentucky. For more details, see http://KATH-online.org.
- A student may not submit more than one paper for the 2016 Clark Writing Award.
- The manuscript (excluding endnotes, appendices, and bibliography) should not exceed twenty-five (25) typed, double-spaced, pages. It should conform to the rules of The Chicago Manual of Style in all stylistic matters.
- All personal identification information should be removed from the body of the paper (e.g., writer's name or university in page numbers, endnotes, or acknowledgments). The student’s full name, permanent address and current contact information should appear only in the body of the email message to which the paper is attached.
- The paper should be submitted as an email attachment in one of the following formats (.doc, .docx, or .pdf) to Professor Melissa A. McEuen at Transylvania University, email@example.com, on or before the deadline: Tuesday, May 31, 2016, Noon.
- The submission must be accompanied by an email message from the student's supervising history instructor (or the department chair), recommending the paper and certifying that it was written for an undergraduate course and completed in the 2015-16 academic year.
Please direct any questions to Melissa A. McEuen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa A. McEuen, Ph.D.
Professor of History and Bingham Professor
300 N. Broadway
Lexington, KY 40508