The Open University is delighted to welcome paper proposals for the 13th biennial conference on Music in Nineteenth Century Britain, to be held 28-30 June 2023 at the OU campus in Milton Keynes, UK, and online.
The Programme Committee invites proposals for presentations as follows:
- Individual papers up to 20 minutes and lecture recitals up to 45 minutes in length (with additional time for questions and discussion)
- Group presentations (e.g. round table or panel) up to two hours in length
- Papers and presentations may focus on any aspect relevant to music in Britain, in the long nineteenth century (approximately 1789 to 1914).
Please send proposals to the conference mailbox email@example.com, in the following format:
- Individual Papers: abstract up to 250 words
- Lecture recitals: abstract up to 250 words; please indicate the length of your session
- Group Presentation: overall rationale up to 300 words, individual abstracts up to 200 words; please indicate the length of your session
Please include a note of any specialist technical needs (audio visual equipment for powerpoint, sound and video recordings will be provided as standard; a piano will be available for lecture recitals). The deadline for submissions is Wednesday 1 February 2023. Notification of acceptance will be issued by 28 February, and a draft conference programme will be published by the end of March. Conference bookings will open in April 2023.
Dr Rosemary Golding