10th Annual Korea University Graduate Student Conference:
Continuities, Discontinuities, and Interstices
in Korean and East Asian History
Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Friday, May 26th, 2023
The Korea University Graduate Student (KUGS) Conference invites graduate students from around the world and conducting research in Asian studies to submit abstracts for our 2023 conference. The KUGS Conference is an annual conference which aims to provide a forum for graduate students to exchange ideas and discuss current research on Asian studies. This conference, to be held on Korea University’s Anam campus in Seoul, is an opportunity for young scholars to present their research to both their peers and eminent scholars. The conference will also enable participants to meet others in their field conducting similar research, and to gain experience in presenting their work for discussion.
The 2023 10th Annual Korea University Graduate Student Conference special theme is “Continuities, Discontinuities, and Interstices in Korean and East Asian History.” We welcome papers that cover any time period in history. Although all applications will be taken into consideration, special consideration will be given to papers regarding theories, discourses, narratives, and counternarratives for analyzing, understanding, and depicting history. We also appreciate papers related to fields in Asian Studies, particularly ones that can provide comparative interpretations with regard to Korean history. Our goal for the 2023 conference is to provide a space for young researchers studying Korean history with creative and innovative ideas to investigate diverse perspectives.
Eligibility and Application Guidelines:
1. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a program of graduate study ("postgraduate" in British degree classification systems).
2. Papers must be related to Asian studies, mainly Korean, Chinese, and Japanese studies.
3. Abstracts must be no longer than 250 words.
4. Deadline for abstract submission: Friday, January 6th, 2023, 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Email submissions to: email@example.com.
5. Please include your name, program of graduate study, and contact information with your abstract submission.
Successful applicants will be notified of acceptance by January 20th.
Inquiries: For general conference and abstract submission inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center for Korean History, Korea University
Department of Korean History, Korea University
Annual Korea University Graduate Student Conference