I invite contributions for a special session at the 17th World Leisure Congress 2023 to address the emergence of archival research in leisure studies. And encourage proposals that showcase and enhance the potential of archives for understanding across all domains of leisure.
Proposals may wish to focus on, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Studies that showcase the use of archival research methods in leisure studies
- The digitalisation of archival material and the potential for leisure
- Social Media as an archive
- The possibilities for and obstacles to overcome in researching leisure through archives
- Collaborations between academic and non-academic bodies in archive building and maintenance
- The discovery and recovery of archived leisure data
- Risk of losing undiscovered or hidden archives
- Innovative archival methodologies for understanding leisure
Abstracts presenters notified - From 25 May 2023
I welcome enquiries via email@example.com.