The 7th Chinese Buddhism & Sheng Yen International Conference invites papers on the theme of "Narratives, Dissemination, and Modern Society" related to Chinese Buddhism or Master Sheng Yen's thought. The Conference will take place from 2017/06/28 - 6/30 at GIS National Taiwan University Convention Center, Taipei, Taiwan. The organizing committee welcomes paper proposals related, but not limited, to the following topics:
- Monastic autobiographic writing in traditional or modern Chinese Buddhism
- Lamp Records, Buddhist historiography, and monastic biography
- Chinese Buddhism and cross-cultural exchange: Scripture, people, and rituals
- The formation, printing, publication, dissemination, and the cult of the Chinese Buddhist Canons
- Chinese Buddhism and material culture
- Chinese Buddhism and the natural history
- Humanistic Pure Land and modernity
- Master Sheng Yen's thought: tradition and innovation
The deadline for submitting paper proposal is extended to Jan 20th, 2018.
There will be a optional post Conference (2018/7/01 - 2018/07/13) activity of visiting Dharma Drum Mountain, meditation retreat, and round-table discussion.
- For conference presenters, SYEF will provide international travel allowance and hotel accommodation.
- Daily lunch will be provided during the conference.
Ms. Tammy Tseng (曾以誠)
Sheng Yen Education Foundation