CALL FOR PAPERS:
The 8th Cross-Strait Four Regions and International Conference on the Study of Buddhism
The Centre for the Study of Chan Buddhism and Human Civilization, the Chinese University of Hong Kong has successfully organized“the 11th Young Scholar Symposium for the Study of Buddhism”, “the 7th Cross-Strait Four Regions and International Conference in Buddhist Studies” last year.
This year, the Centre will continue such academic activity and organize “the 8th Cross-Strait Four Regions and International Conference in Buddhist Studies”, to provide a unique platform for scholars as well as postgraduate students to expand their research and exchange their views on the study of Buddhism. The theme of the conference for this year is “Asian Buddhism study in comparative perspective”. Details as below:
- Centre for the Study of Chan Buddhism and Human Civilization, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Co- Organizers:
- Academy of Chinese Buddhism
- Faculty of Arts, University of Macau,
- Center for Buddhist Studies at Peking University,
- Philosophy Department and Center for Buddhist Studies, the University of Taiwan
- Conference Date:
24 – 26 June, 2016
* Opening ceremony is scheduled to be held in the afternoon of 24 June, Paper presentation will be on the whole day of 25 June and 26 June 2016.
- Conference Venue:
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Conference Theme:
Asian Buddhism study in comparative perspective
- Application Qualification:
All scholars including Ph. D candidates related to Buddhist Studies are welcome.
- How to Apply:
1. Applicants should fill in the online application form for registration (http://www.sojump.hk/jq/7444604.aspx ). No registration fee is charged.
2. Full paper about 8000-10000 words in Chinese or 5000-8000 in English , including the title, author, abstract, key words, main text, footnotes and references should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org once accepting the notification of acceptance.
- Important Dates and Deadlines:
1. Deadline for registration: 31 March, 2016
2. Date of notification of acceptance: on or before 10 April, 2016
3. Deadline for paper submission: 15 June, 2016
4. Conference Date: 24 – 26 June, 2016
1. Registration fee: free of charge.
2. Invited scholars need to pay their own transportation fee. The organizer will cover their accommodation fee during conference dates for the scholars who are invited after the papers are accepted.
3. Lunch, dinner and tea breaks will be served during the event.
Tel: (852) 3943-6707 | Fax: (852) 3943-4132
Address: Rm 221, 2/F, Leung Kau Kui Building,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong