We are looking for new Assistant Editors to join the Editorial Board of the Southeast Asian Media Studies Journal.
Duration of Service
Two calendar years from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2024 with possible extension of two more years depending on mutual agreement.
Copy-editing and proofreading selected manuscripts with a turnaround time of two to four weeks. Work is intermittent and increases during the weeks and months before the publication of an issue.
Assistant Editors are members of the Editorial Board. Their names are listed on the SEAMSA website and in published journal issues. Assistant Editors receive a letter of acknowledgement from the Editor-in-Chief. Since SEAMSA is a non-profit organization, there are no monetary rewards for the position of assistant editor.
- Current SEAMSA member in good standing
- Strong command of the English language
- Excellent command of MS Word editing functions
- Excellent understanding of the Chicago Manual of Style
- Holder of an MA, MFA, and/or PhD in the areas of Media Studies, - Communication Studies, Journalism, or Film Studies
- Published scholar
- University lecturer
- Prior editing experience
Applicants send a short letter of intent and a short CV to the Editor-in-Chief, Alexander J. Klemm, at email@example.com. The new Assistant Editors will be selected by the Editor-in-Chief and the SEAMSA Executive Council.
Deadline: 20 November 2022