for the enrolment in
the Postgraduate university study programme in Linguistics in the academic year 2022/2023
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Croatia, announces the call for the enrolment in the Postgraduate university study programme in Linguistics in the academic field of humanities, academic discipline of philology.
General conditions and enrolment criteria
I. Eligible for enrolment are:
- applicants who have completed university graduate studies in the field of humanities (academic discipline of philology) under the Bologna system;
- applicants who have completed the four-year university undergraduate studies in the field of humanities (academic discipline of philology) according to the study system that was in effect before 2005;
- applicants who hold a Master’s degree in the field of humanities (the pre-Bologna system), and
- applicants who have completed the pre-Bologna Master’s programme and passed or partially passed all required exams.
The Doctoral Degree Committee will decide about the status of applicants who do not meet the afore-mentioned criteria.
II. The programme can be enrolled by applicants who have completed graduate studies in the humanities with a grade point average not lower than 4.0. Applicants with a lower average may be accepted by exception with two letters of recommendation from university professors and on the basis of a decision of the Doctoral Degree Committee.
III. Applicants must be proficient in at least one foreign language, as evidenced by the documentation.
Study programme information
The postgraduate university study programme in Linguistics takes three years (six semesters). Upon successful completion of the programme, students are awarded 180 ECTS credits and an academic doctoral degree in the field of humanities, academic discipline of philology, academic branch literary theory and history.
Tuition fee per semester is 663.61 EUR.
Tuition fee does include the costs of doctoral dissertation evaluation, diploma printing, and a ceremonial graduation commencement.
The programme description is available on the official website of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Osijek (https://www.ffos.unios.hr/studiji-i-nastava/poslijediplomski/jezikoslovl...). Additional information can be obtained in the Office of Student Affairs (please contact Ms. Ana Mihaljević or call +385 31 494 725 or send an e-mail to email@example.com).
The application must include:
- application form: https://www.ffos.unios.hr/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/The-call-for-the-en...
- curriculum vitae
- diploma of completed graduate studies or the decision issued by the competent authority regarding the academic recognition of foreign higher education qualifications and recognition of periods of study, i.e. ECTS credits for the purpose of enrolment in doctoral studies (a certified copy)
- motivation letter with a research interest outline
- BA ana MA studies grade transcription university undergraduate and graduate studies
- letters of recommendation from two university professors (for foreign nationals, or if the grade point average is less than 4.0)
- employer’s decision to finance the programme (if the student does not finance the programme himself/herself).
The call is open until 30 September 2022.
If the number of candidates is not sufficient, the Faculty has the right not to enroll the new generation of students in the academic year 2022/2023. The candidates will in time be notified about this decision.
Please submit the application and other documents to:
the Office of Student Affairs of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Osijek, 9 Lorenz Jäger, 31000 Osijek, Croatia,
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org