Sustainability + Resilient Cities
Conference Dates: 14-16, June, 2023
Location: New York
Abstracts: Nov 20th, 2022
This Conference Strand Call seeks to highlight issues of the sustainability and resilience in relation to questions of livability in contemporary cities globally. It forms part of the ‘Livable Cities’ initiative between City Tech – New York and City – University of London.
Issues of interest include, but are not limited to:
- sea level rise and strategic retreat
- net zero energy architecture
- resilient city initiatives and programs
- urban heat islands and the implications of design
- the circular economy and the design and building industries
- urbanization, resource use and accessibility.
The overall initiative involves an academic conference in both New York and London, associated UCL Press journal special issues, and book publications with Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
Academics from across several disciplines and departments in each university explore research and teaching initiatives on the diversity of issues that affect how we live in cities. The aim of the initiative is to highlight work in these areas, connect academics internationally, and publish findings and best practice.
Joseph Reed, Jason Montgomery, Cindee Hogan