Global Nineteenth-Century Studies, a journal published twice a year by Liverpool University Press on behalf of the Society for Global Nineteenth-Century Studies (www.global19c.com), is seeking expressions of interest for two positions on the editorial team: book review editor for history and book review editor for art history. These are volunteer (unpaid) positions. The book review editors will commission, evaluate, and accept reviews of books published in their respective disciplines. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying books of interest to GNCS readers
- Working with publishers to obtain review copies
- Contacting potential reviewers (including working with the SGNCS public engagement officer to publicize calls for reviewers on social media)
- Providing feedback to reviewers on their submission and decide whether to accept a given review for publication
- Ensuring that 4-6 reviews are available for each issue
- Collaborating with the editor, associate editors, and other review editors as needed
The book review editors have wide latitude for innovation: from arranging omnibus reviews on various topics to review forums on a single book to other formats not yet imagined.
The editor and associate editors of GNCS welcome expressions of interest from those who wish to be considered for these roles. While a PhD is required, we welcome applications from individuals at any career stage; in fixed or contingent positions; and in any geographical location. We encourage applicants to explore the possibility of modest institutional support to cover postage. To learn more about the journal, please visit the journal’s page on Liverpool University Press’s website: https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/id/111/
Please send a short statement (1-2 paragraphs) about your suitability and vision for the role and a cv to email@example.com by 1 September 2022. The individual selected will be responsible for reviews beginning with issue 2.1 (spring 2023).