Call for Papers
February 28, 2018
Art, Art History & Visual Studies, Communication, Cultural History / Studies, Film and Film History, South Asian History / Studies
We invite contributions from scholars, researchers and practitioners of South Asian film and media. Possible areas include but are not limited to:
- Film and Media as social history.
- Feminist analysis and theory in film/media studies and practice
- Class, caste, and sexuality: The politics of subalterneity and marginalization in film/media studies.
- Contemporary media/ documentary and the public sphere. Interviews with documentary film makers.
- Global media consumer culture and labor in the cultural industries.
- News, citizenship, democracy, and the neo-liberal restructuring of media industry.
- Nationalism and Regional cinema in the context of neo-liberalism.
- Globalization/Diaspora/ South Asian representation.
- Cinema and the other arts.
- Contemporary arts practices, cinema, and visual culture.
Articles should be between 6,000 – 8,000 words in length. Please note that articles should be original and not be under consideration by any other publication. For detailed submission instructions please click here.
SAFM also, welcomes shorter pieces that are either creative or analytical (between 1,000 – 4,000 words) as well as visual material. All initial enquires should be sent to the editors at email@example.com.
Aarti Wani (Lead Editor)