Call for Research Papers/Articles for the Edited Book titled “Modernization of Rural Development: Challenges, Analysis of Processes of Change”
Rural development implies both the economic betterment of people as well as greater social transformation of Rural Population. Increased participation of people in the rural development process, decentralisation of planning, better enforcement of land reforms and greater access to credit and inputs go a long way in providing the rural people with better prospects for economic development and sustainability. Improvements in health, education, drinking water, energy supply, sanitation and housing coupled with inclusive growth and attitudinal changes also facilitate their social development. Without seeking to ignore the many challenges facing India’s rural areas, the seminar overviews new opportunities emerging from sectors ranging from the rural sustainability to the experience economy and from possibilities created by new information technologies to changing rural people demands. The seminar also examines how the Rural Development Programmes can be deployed strategically to take advantage of these opportunities, finding smarter ways to deliver effective development support and making targeted efforts to overcome some of the specifically rural challenges with inclusivity.
Objectives of the Edited Book:
- Development of Human resource mobilization in Rural Areas
- Inclusive Rural Development through Social, Economic and Political Dimensions
- Creation of basic social and economic infrastructure
- To improve the living standards by providing food, shelter, clothing, employment and education
- To involve people in planning and development through their participation in decision making and through centralization of administration
- Provision of training to rural unemployed youth and providing employment to marginal Farmers/Labourers to discourage seasonal and permanent migration
- Ensure Justice and Equalization of opportunities in the Society
- Community action for Rural Development and creation of Community Assets
- Enabling women, persons with disabilities and other disadvantaged groups to participate in rural development
Call for Papers for Edited Book
You will be pleased to know that we are editing a book on Research Papers/Articles on the subject “Modernization of Rural Development: Challenges, Analysis of Processes of Change”. The Book will be published with ISBN Number with International Publisher. You are requested to kindly send your Theoretical, Conceptual and empirical Research papers that are of original work from academician, practitioners and policy makers are invited on the mentioned suitable topics for the Edited Book in English Language.
Submitting papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers are refereed through a review process. Kindly circulate the information among your colleagues and friends for wide and good quality Papers.
Suitable topics for “Modernization of Rural Development: Challenges, Analysis of Processes of Change”
- Rural Development through a Participatory Approach
- Dimensions and Future of Rural Development
- Globalisation and Rural Development
- Models of Rural Development & Entrepreneurship
- Inclusive Growth and Rural Development
- State of Food Security and Poverty in Rural India
- Sustainable Livelihood approach
- Multi-sector and multi-dimensional approach to Rural Development
- Promoting ICT for Rural Development and analysis
- Environment and Sustainability
- Demographic factors and Rural Development
- Various Actors involved in Rural Development
- World Bank and India building capacities in Rural Development
Guidelines for Submission of Manuscripts:
1. Manuscripts should preferably not exceed 10 printed pages or between 3000 to 4000 words. They should be typed double spaced in Times New Roman with font size 10 on A-4 size page with 1.5” wide margin on left and 1” on the right. The manuscripts should be preceded by an abstract, not exceeding 150 words. Maps, tables and charts should be numbered serially and in black and white only.
2. The general format of the research paper should consist of :
ii. Name and address of the author (s) and affiliation with email ID (s)
iii. Abstract with 4‐8 keywords
iv. Introduction; Need of the study; Objectives; Hypothesis (if any); Scope of the study; Research methodology; Data collection; Verification of the hypothesis; Data analysis; Findings, conclusions and suggestions; References; Annexure
3. References should be in accordance with APA Style.
Last Date for Sending Abstract: 6th January 2018
Last Date for Sending Full Length paper: 31st January 2018
Address for correspondence: V. Rama Krishna, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Studies and Research in Political Science, Dr. G. Parameshwar Block – I, TUMKUR UNIVERSITY, TUMKUR - 572103. KARNATAKA. INDIA.
**Note: All contributors are requested to mention main theme of the book while sending their abstract/papers.