Call for Laureates to the 2022 IAS-CAS Scholarly Institute
July 15-20th, 2022
Application Deadline: 25th June, 2022
The Institute of African Studies (IAS), University of Ibadan and the Centre of African Studies (CAS), University of Edinburgh are pleased to invite early career scholars in the humanities and social sciences to submit applications to the IAS-CAS Scholarly Institute 2022. This Institute is designed as an intensive professional development training which is focussed on identifying and supporting excellent early career scholars. This year, it will be held alongside the 60th Anniversary Conference at the Institute of African Studies, the University of Ibadan, which is themed “Decolonial Remains”.
We will select a total of 15 laureates to participate in dedicated sessions on research ethics, funding and research grants, doing PhD in Nigeria, and publishing. They will also get the chance to have thematic conversations on their specific areas of interest and receive feedback on ongoing work. We are particularly interested in scholars conducting excellent research in one or more of the following themes:
- Mobility, Migration and Displacement:
- Everyday Violence and Conflict
- Marginal Social categories: Youth, Women, and the Poor
- Cities and Urbanisation
- Applicants should hold a Master’s degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences or a PhD awarded not earlier than 2017.
- Be currently affiliated with a Nigerian University.
How to Apply
- Access and complete application using this link: https://forms.gle/nYcijJ4hm2QbK4u67.
- Attach a proposal of not more than 1000 words. The proposal should focus on clearly setting out the key conceptual/theoretical debates or arguments that underpin your research. It should therefore not be a description of your case study interest.
Application is due by 12:00 PM, June 25, 2022 (WAT). Late applications will not be considered.
This workshop is co-funded by the University of Edinburgh and the University of Ibadan. As a consequence, no fees will be charged. We will cover the full cost of participation for all selected laureates, including registration fees for the IAS at 60 Conference, accommodation for 5 nights from 15 to 20 July, 2022, all meals, as well as a transport subsidy.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Institute of African Studies
University of Ibadan