The Klassik Stiftung Weimar awards Weimar Fellowships to researchers whose projects refer to the collections and cultural heritage of Weimar.
The Weimar Fellowships promote research projects which focus on European cultural history from early modern times to the present day and make direct reference to the collections in Weimar. Fellowship recipients may work in all facilities and departments of the Klassik Stiftung Weimar, particularly in the Goethe- und Schiller-Archiv (GSA), the Herzogin Anna Amalia Bibliothek (HAAB) and the museums.
- clearly recognisable connection to the holdings of the Klassik Stiftung Weimar
- academic/scientific qualification of the applicant
- project’s significance for scientific study and research
Overview presentations and works without direct references to original sources are not eligible for funding.
The fellowship consists of a scholarship of 1,500 euros/month and free accommodation at the “Villa Silberblick”, the former Nietzsche-Archiv. Please indicate your preference for the fellowship period and an alternative period.
- letter of motivation
- abstract of your research project (10–15 lines)
- brief description of your research project outlining your academic interest in the subject, the current state of research, your progress so far, and how a research stay in Weimar would specifically benefit your research project (4–5 pages)
- CV in tabular form and list of publications (if applicable)
Please submit your application documents by 31 July via our online application portal. All fellowship applications are reviewed and selected in September of each year. If your application is selected, your fellowship is to be commenced in the following year.
Dr. Corinna Schubert
T +49 3643 545 559