FLORENCE CHORAL COURSE. Palazzo Alberti, Florence, 18-24 JULY 2022
An intensive six-day course of choral training in the heart of Florence culminating with performances in some of Florence’s most important historical buildings, the Florence Choral Course is a unique opportunity to study and sing the magnificent choral music of Renaissance Italy.
Classes in vocal training, choral skills and musicianship and full choir rehearsals will be led by professional singers whose experience includes the Papal choir of the Sistine Chapel, international opera companies and world leading vocal ensembles.
With masterclasses by Dame Emma Kirkby and the former Director of the Sistine Chapel Choir and current Director of Milan Cathedral Choir, Maestro Massimo Palombella.
We will explore Renaissance music in its historical context with lectures on history, musicology and archival research led by fellows of the Medici Archive Project and supplemented with visits to historical libraries, archives, and monuments.
Who is this for?
This course is open to anyone aged 18 upwards with a passion for choral singing.
- Aspiring professional choral singers who wish to improve their ensemble skills, Italian pronunciation, stylistic awareness and general musicianship.
- Those looking to sing in Italy and benefit from an enriching cultural program.
- Those looking to enrich their university and choral scholarship applications.
- Those interested in the relationship between music and its history in Renaissance Italy—our course offers a rare opportunity not only to study and sing the music, but also gain an insight into the scholarship which has uncovered these treasures.
Tuition is €1000. This covers all tuition fees, printed music, commencement dinner, daily lunch, morning refreshments and guided tours to historical venues. Please note: flights and accommodation are not included.
How to apply
Prospective applicants should send to email@example.com by 15 JUNE 2022 the following information:
- Voice type (select one) Soprano/Cantus; Alto/Counter-tenor; Tenor; Baritone/Bass;
- Brief description of your singing experience to date (max 200 words);
- Personal statement describing what you would hope to gain from the Florence Choral Course (max 300 words).
For further information: https://www.medici.org/florence-choral-course-2022/
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries